Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday brunch: Broccoli Quiche with Potato Crust











Pie in oven.


I have not had overwhelming success with broccoli quiche. The first time I made the pie I left it on the stove to cool…for about five hours.

The second time I made it I started a small fire on my stove. Completely my fault. Jake thought it was a shame we didn't get the fire on camera. Don't worry, the fire did not endanger the pie. I just ruined a colander due to my usual improvisation. Anyway, I feel lucky to finally have this potato-crust broccoli quiche to eat at brunch this morning. I stole the recipe from here.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, you've had very hard-core broccoli quiche adventures!! I'm thoroughly impressed with this one - it's gorgeous!! The potato crust sounds incredible, too... Ahh, how I love brunch... :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just clicked over from Astra Libris' blog ... welcome to the wonderful world of foodblogging!

    I'm completely charmed by the idea of quiche baked in a potato crust. I love quiche but rarely make it these days because I don't want to eat (or make) pie crust. This is a brilliant idea ... thanks so much for the tip!

    ReplyDelete