Saturday, May 16, 2009

Never Met a Potato I Didn't Like -- Part II


My husband just suggested that I refer to him as Mr. Potato in this blog, similar to the way in which Carrie Bradshaw refers to John as "Big." Uh, no.

So here is the deal for today, an overcast and breezy Saturday.

Preheat the oven to 450.

Cut up two Yukon gold potatoes in thin slices and half a yellow onion and mix them up in a bowl. Add olive oil and seasonings such as salt, pepper, basil and rosemary, or whatever you prefer. Line a baking sheet with silver foil and use a little olive oil, Pam or butter spray so the potatoes won't stick. Then put your potato and onion mixture on the baking sheet and pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Serve with an egg-white and feta omelet and a few asparagus stalks. Mmm, perfect after working out all morning.

p.s. My fridge has never been so crowded since I started this blog!


1 comment:

  1. I love the photo of your fridge! It's gorgeous! Such a wonderful bounty!

    Mmmm, Jamie, you are brilliant, why have I never roasted onions when I roast potatoes? SO YUM! Such a great idea! I will definitely fix this soon...

    ReplyDelete