Friday, December 11, 2009

Weekend Chili



I've had a craving for chili for days and finally just made some - I think it will last us throughout the weekend.

First I minced about 3/4 a white onion and browned it, then I added two sliced roma tomatoes (I had to put them to good use), then I added the following ingredients you see above: one can of kidney beans, one can of black beans, one can of diced tomatoes, one small can of tomato sauce, quite a bit of chili seasoning, annnnd a great ingredient my cousin told me about, Quorn, which is a soy-free meatless protein (mmm, and delish).

I let it simmer for a bit and it is ready to go for the weekend!

And Happy Hanukkah! Latkes posted soon!

3 comments:

  1. This looks great! I have a veggie chili recipe that uses bocca crumbles, beans, onions, carrots, and lots of spices. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm carrots sound good in chili...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Chanukkah chili! :-) Now I'm longing for some chili, since yours looks SO delicious!!

    ReplyDelete