Saturday, October 3, 2009

Zucchini and Apple Bread (with walnuts)



The sky is gray and it's been around 55 or so in the mornings lately. It is and feels like fall now, which makes me want to eat zesty soups and vegetable breads. I've had a yen for zucchini this week, so I finally bought a couple.

This morning I baked this recipe, but made less of it (25% less) because I used a 9x9 baking pan. You might want to try Turbinado sugar, a healthier alternative to white sugar, if you have it. Also, in order to make this vegan, you could use egg substitutes or applesauce instead of eggs. Golden raisins might be a lovely addition, too.

Enjoy, my dears.

p.s. I like that this recipe site gives detailed nutrition information, too.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, I love zucchini bread, and yours sounds so amazing!! Fall is just perfect for baking, I quite agree... :-)

    ReplyDelete