Monday, October 12, 2009

Whole Wheat Pasta with Tomato Sauce with Tofu Crumbles

mushrooms, onion & garlic:
Voila!

I realized while sautéing 1/4 of a yellow onion that sautéd onion in olive oil is what my grandma's house always smelled like while I was growing up. I love this smell.

Anyway, I used to make this dish ALL. THE. TIME. However, I married a pastaphobic man, so I really don't make it as much. Until I get a yen for it. Which comes fast. And strong. This is a great recipe to make if you feel like eating in about 12 minutes from the time you start cooking.

So here's the sauce, which you should make while you boil a separate pot of water for your pasta: Sauté 1/4 onion in some olive oil, then add 1 T minced garlic and a few sliced mushrooms. Then add up to a can of tomato sauce or Ragu Garden Veggie sauce, 1/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese, and 1/2 to 1 cup of Morningstar tofu crumbles, and a dash or two of oregano and basil leaves. Add fresh broccoli if you have it. Eat with whole wheat pasta. Enjoy!

p.s. Also, tonight my professor told me about a fun cooking blog. Check it out -- the french toast looks amazing!

p.p.s. If I still have your attention, repeat after me: Carbs are not the enemy. Carbs are not the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment