Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Homer Nachos


The nachos we’ve made are vegetarian (of course) – just like Manager Tony La Russa.


My husband and I have been discussing eating nachos in front of the game in our living room for days. If you don’t know, the St. Louis Cardinals won the National League Central Division and are making their playoff debut against the Los Angeles Dodgers tonight.


Recipe: Sau ½ small yellow onion and add 1 t minced garlic. Then add a can of chili beans and a can of organic chili beans and ½ can organic black beans. Add as many olives, jalepeño peppers and red peppers as you wish. Heat on low. Drizzle beans on your favorite Tortilla chips and add some shredded cheese and your favorite salsa. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, YUM!! Thank you for reminding me that it's been sooooo long since I've fixed nachos! I love your combo of the different beans... Mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! A tasty meal on one plate! How tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! They were very good (although sadly, we lost the game).

    ReplyDelete