Sunday, June 14, 2009

Vegetable Medley


Tonight Jake came home from his golf weekend so I made a vegetable medley, throwing together a dish from several boiled red potatoes, some broccoli, a few eggplant cutlets from Trader Joe’s, cauliflower, a strip of red bell pepper, ¼ of diced yellow onion, one clove of garlic, three mushrooms, and a handful of cooked chickpeas. The eggplant seemed to hold it together. I mixed it up in a pan with a couple T of olive oil and a 1/4 c of cheddar cheese. Jake put ketchup on everything, of course.

I could barely eat because I was still so stuffed from a cooking class earlier today I attended at Kitchen Conservatory – we rolled and cut our own pasta! Gorgeous ravioli and fettuccine from scratch. A glass of wine in the afternoon. Grilled salad! Such fun. I also went online afterward and ordered a few things I’ve been lusting after for a while: a pasta maker, a rolling pin, a colander (since I had set mine on fire), a pizza cutter, and a garlic press. Expect more pasta recipes!

3 comments:

  1. This post golf treat was definitely above par!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO excited about your pasta course and your new pasta maker!! I'm so impressed, too - I've always wanted to learn how to make pasta but haven't tackled it yet... Hooray for your for paving the way and inspiring me! :-)

    Thank you always for your incredibly sweet comments - I'm so touched by your encouraging words about my work! You're the wonderfulest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacapo, you are tres cute. Chava, you are the best. I'm so impressed with what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete