Monday, June 22, 2009

Back By Popular Demand. In Our Home. Of Two.


Flatbread!

Again, it's 1 cup warm water with 2 1/2 t yeast and a dash of sugar, which you let sit for a bit until it starts to get bubbly. Then you add 1 T olive oil. Then you add this to your already mixed dry ingredients: 3 c flour, 1/2 c whole wheat flour and 1 t salt (I used up all my all-purpose flour after 2 cups, so we'll see how it goes tonight with much more wheat flour). Then you mix the dough and put it in a ziplock bag coated with olive oil for 30 minutes. Then you roll it out on a greased baking sheet and dab more olive oil on it (1 or so T) with your thumb or drizzle it on with Parmesan cheese, sesame seeds, and basil and put it in the oven for 15 minutes at 425. Hot.

I also made a quick salad with anything and everything we had in the fridge: lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, tomato, sesame seeds, cucumber, shredded cheese, onion, and strawberries. Love fruit in summer salads, a treat. Enjoy. Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar if you desire, mixed with a spicy mustard. I know, I know, a repeat. It's not fancy. But it is what's for dinner.


3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, your salad and your flatbread are SO gorgeous!! Homemade flatbread and strawberry salad sounds like a totally fancy supper to me!!

    Yes, let's definitely chat soon!! I'm "on call" tonight, which means that I could be awakened at 2AM to go to work, but at least I get to hypothetically sleep some, and then I work normally tomorrow night, and then I'm off 'till Friday, when I work day shift... :-) (I have a nice schedule this week 'cause I have to work night shift aallll July 4th weekend... :-p) All of that to say, definitely try calling me tonight or later in the week or whenev! :-) 'Twould be so awesome to hear from you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I will try you Thursday night! Can't wait to catch up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete