Friday, June 12, 2009

Do Not Use Splenda to Make Frosting

Hershey's Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting. Looks and sounds good, right? Not so much.

A lesson learned: Do Not Use Splenda to Make Frosting. Blech.

Thankfully, I left half the brownie pan untouched, the half we will eat this weekend.

Does anyone else have Splenda horror or success stories?

In other news, thanks so much to Astra Libris for the shout out in her amazing cooking blog: http://foodforlaughter.blogspot.com. My blog would never have happened if not for Astra's inspiring posts, her many modifications for vegetarians, her gorgeous photographs & enthusiasm for cooking. Love this woman, ever since I met her back in, oh, 2001. Check out her lovely recipes and writing -- I'm waiting for the book!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, Jamie, you're so sweet... *big hugs* You're the greatest!! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a Splenda & chocolate frosting disaster myself...the frosting solidified before I could apply it to the unappetizing and gritty almond flour cake I made for my kids' birthday. The ice cream was also Splenda based. Needless to say, nobody appreciated my attempts to keep our blood sugar and insulin levels steady.

    ReplyDelete