Saturday, July 11, 2009

Biscotti Before I Go


I made Jake and some friends raisin-almond biscotti before I left for the University of Minnesota for a week of research. They're very tasty!

Recipe (borrowed and just slightly modified from a recipe a recipeland):
3 eggs
1 1/2 c sugar
1/3 c butter
1 c sliced almonds
1/2 c golden raisins
1 T lemon juice
1 1/2 t baking powder

After you mix the yolks, 1/2 the sugar called for, the butter, lemon juice, raisins and almonds, then mix separately the egg whites and the rest of the sugar, and then finally mix the baking powder with the flour in a third bowl. Then fold the flour mix and the egg-white mix into the larger bowl, 1/3 at a time. You then shape the dough into two logs, bake them on a greased cookie sheet for 20-25 at 325, then let them cool so you can slice them into breakfast-cookie sized pieces. Then you bake each side for another 5-7 min. Drizzle with chocolate if you desire:) I used Lindt white chocolate.

Some with chocolate, some without:

3 comments:

  1. Should be called "Best Biscotti By Far!" I have had some of Jamie's sweet desserts in the past.....hands down....the biscotti is now in first place!! Thanks for the treat that went so perfectly with a big hot cup of coffee! :)

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! I've been meaning to bake biscotti for ages, but still haven't tried them... Thank you for reminding me and inspiring me!

    'Twas wonderful chatting the other day! :-) I'm hoping your first day of research is going awesomely! Go Jamie! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, so glad you liked it! I'll make more for next brunch:)

    Chava, thanks so much -- can't wait to chat again soon.

    ReplyDelete