Friday, November 6, 2009

Orange and Molasses Oatmeal Cookies





I sort of messed up an old Quaker Oats cookie recipe and came up with this:

- Heat oven to 350.
- Beat together 1 stick margarine, 1/2 c brown sugar, 1/4 c granulated sugar.
- Add 1 egg, 1/2 t orange flavoring, and 1 T molasses.
- Add combined 3/4 c all-purpose flour, 1/2 t baking soda, 1/2 t cinnamon.
- Stir in 1 and 1/2 c Quaker Oats and 3/4 golden raisins.
- Drop by rounded spoonful onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes (I have a slow oven).
- Let cool then eat!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh those sound good. I love messing with the recipes on boxes. I tend to kind of feel like I'm cheating if I just TOTALLY follow the recipe on the box, hahaah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, these cookies sound SO scrumptious! I'm so impressed that you invented this gorgeous recipe! After hearing the story of them over the weekend, I'm especially excited to find the recipe is here so I can make a batch too! :-) Thank you for the recipe! :-) Yay cookies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for writing, Lele and Astra Libris. I feel like I'm cheating if I follow directions, too!

    ReplyDelete