Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mustard Potato Salad

I remember we always used to eat potato salad on weekends when I was a kid. Somehow, I haven't had any in years.

So today I changed that.

I boiled four large red potatoes (I didn't remove their skins -- more nutrients), chopped them up, and threw them in a bowl with a handful of diced white onion. Then I sort of eyeballed almost equal amounts of Miracle Whip, spicy mustard, sweet mustard, and dill relish until the salad was creamy and yellow.

And quite good!

5 comments:

  1. YAY for potato salad!!! :-) SO delish!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady, you were total inspiration in this recipe! Thanks for the encouragement about potato salad:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, Jamie! :-) I hope y'all are having a fabulous, delicious, relaxing holiday in the mountains! :-) Sending big happy holiday hugs! :-)

    P.S. I'm still super excited that you liked the potato salad! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did eat a lot of potato salad as a kid. It was from Schnucks's. But your grandmother made great potato salad. Potatos, mustard, eggs, miracle whip and pickle relish. It was wonderful. Maybe it was the potato salad, or maybe it was being a kid. I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, gosh, I wish I had tried grandma's potato salad. I bet it tastes better with eggs. Thanks for writing that mom.

    And Astra, happy holidays to you too! xo

    ReplyDelete