Tuesday, November 17, 2009

French Toast on a Tuesday Morning



I've been really into eating breakfast lately.

Years ago I'd eat a Yoplait yogurt, but lately I've been wanting eggs, toast, or the perfect blend - French toast - in the mornings. This is especially true after spending the weekend with my lovely friend, Astra Libris - we ate eggs, veggie sausages, home made biscuits, and banana pancakes throughout the weekend (so good!).

This morning I cracked an egg into a dish and added some vanilla soy milk and a dash of cinnamon, dipped a slice of whole wheat bread into the mixture, then fried the toast and added a little honey and powdered sugar on top. Voila! Instant satisfaction.

2 comments:

  1. Jamie, your French toast looks SO delicious! I love how you sprinkled powdered sugar on top - so festive!

    We had sooooo much fun visiting with you!! I miss you already!! It was SO incredible finally getting to see you in person after all those years... You're SO amazing!! *hugs* Can't wait to see you again soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were totally the inspiration for this French toast, lady! Thanks for all the great talks and recipes this weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete