Monday, February 8, 2010

Vegetable-Rice Mixture (heavy on the onions)


The snow made me want to eat something hearty tonight for dinner, so while I tried to write an abstract at home this afternoon, I also boiled water for 1 cup of brown rice and began sauteing the following in some extra virgin olive oil:

- 1 yellow onion

- 1 chopped carrot

- ¼ diced yellow pepper

- 1/3 diced tomato

- 1 head of broccoli

- ½ c of diced mushrooms

- ½ sliced avocado (I wasn't sure about using the avocado, but it actually made a nice addition).

I then combined the plump rice and mixed veggies and I then added a handful of sesame seeds, a box of yellow raisins, and 1/3 c vegetable broth. The result is lovely, and I plan to eat a bit now and pack some away for tonight’s mega-long dress rehearsal. Did I mention that I am going to be in a play? I think I did.

And here is one from me over the weekend after a snowfall. A freakin' snow angel:)


2 comments:

  1. I love the photo of snow angel Jamie! You're so gorgeous, girl... :-)

    Mmmm, your glorious rice sounds like the absolutely perfect supper... I LOVE the avocado addition! Positively dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a shot of positive energy. Thanks for the comment lady. Miss you. Loved your post about the gorgeous snowfall in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete