Saturday, January 16, 2010

No-Crust Spinach Quiche

Pre-cooked quiche.
Jake in anticipation of eating the quiche.

How I've missed cooking - it feels like it has been a while. I started teaching again this week, and I'm also going to be in a play next month so rehearsal started this week. Anyway I've been on the go, eating here and there, grabbing this and that. I thought I'd make a couple things this weekend to last through the week.

So I've made a potato-crust quiche on the blog before, but this recipe is even easier, yay! My mom has made this recipe for years - I remember her making it for me when I was home in college breaks. It's easy to make, healthy, and delicious:)

Beat two eggs and add 1 T of flour, 1 plain Dannon yogurt, and a dash of nutmeg (I don't think she measures, so neither did I).

Add a very, very (very) well drained can of spinach and mix.

Sprinkle 1/2 c to 1 cup of mozzarella cheese on the bottom of a pie plate, which then forms its own crust. Pour the yogurt/egg/spinach mixture on top. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes, then at 350 for another 30 minutes.

Enjoy! Also, I made this today for tomorrow's brunch group. This tastes perfectly yummy if you make it the day before (I love knowing that about certain dishes).

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, I'm so excited that you're going to be in a play! Which play? SO cool!! :-)

    Your crustless quiche looks incredible! I'm definitely going to fix this soon - such a brilliant recipe! Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete