Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hershey's Brownies and Musings on Creating a Nursery



Happy New Year! Yesterday we rang in the New Year with chocolate. Yes, this is another repeat, but one of Jake's favorite desserts. Not me - I'd prefer a baked apples/frozen yogurt combo. Long day yesterday - from a rather intimidating Babies R Us visit to lunch with family to seeing Up in the Air (is there a movie that I don't cry through lately?) to seeing lovely friends from out of town to crashing at night after baking brownies.

This morning I'm trying to wrap my mind around actually turning our "junk room"/office (at least I've stopped referring to it as the cat's room) into a nursery. This will include many steps - from cleaning and packing and storing to carpeting and painting and then finally decorating. Here is a photo of the current madness (I'll update you as it begins to resemble anything else than crazy clutter):


I'm thinking animals -- a spotted owl peaking out from a tree on the wall, a monkey clock, an animal quilt. Also, here are a few amazing nurseries I've been gaping at on the net.

And because a few people asked, here is a one of my "baby bump" as I'm currently in my 16th week (24 more weeks to go -- though the women in our family have babies early). My friend, Jeff, jokes that I'm "huge," while another friend said it looks like I've just had a big lunch. Either way, the baby is currently as big as an apple, I've read:)

4 comments:

  1. Jamie, I love this post!! SO exciting!! You're gorgeous, and still so tiny! I love the photo of you and your little apple... :-) I can't wait to see more photos as the apple grows and the nursery develops! :-)

    Mmmmm, and New Years brownies sound absolutely perfect to me... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, thanks lady! And I've been loving your Louisiana posts lately -- looks so beautiful there:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Grandma to Be thinks you look great. And we are going to have fun with the nursery - an animal kingdom.

    ReplyDelete