Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Brandy, My Friends, Did Not Ignite


glaze: butter, honey and brown sugar
note the fabulous new pan
probably my favorite veggie

Last night I made three pounds of honey-glazed baby carrots. Looks like honey is the ingredient of the week, eh? A couple suggestions:

1. Let the carrots cook longer than 15 minutes.

2. Do not use a long lighter to ignite your brandy. It just won't work. Perhaps try a match? Please let me know if you have any success with this.


I thought about posting a very long video of trying to get the brandy to ignite, but really, who wants to see that? Someone who googles "brandy won't ignite" who happens upon this site and then feels less alone about their own brandy not igniting?


The carrots actually taste quite good despite this failure -- they lack that alcohol taste (which I guess tastes good to some?).


Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. SO perfect for Rosh Hashanah! :-) I'm impressed that you attempted igniting something - I still haven't tried my hand at flambeing; blow torches are the only fiery tool that have made an appearance for us thus far... :-p Hmmm, perhaps a blow torch would ignite the brandy? Although it seems like the power of the blow torch has the potential to ignite the brandy a wee bit too much... Non-ignited glazed carrots sound just perfect to me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, reading this makes me so want a blow torch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was on the receiving end of these carrots and they were superb. Great sweet flavor.
    And a shout out to Astra Libris - love your comments and enthusiasm- keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! And ditto re Astra, so love your comments.

    ReplyDelete