Saturday, August 15, 2009

Zucchini and Chocolate

Well, I saw Julie and Julia last night. The reviewers are right -- Meryl steals the show (surprise). Amy Adams played Julie Powell too meek, in my opinion. Powell is a firecracker, and her prose is funny and honest, if you haven't read her yet. My two cents.

So after the movie, all fired up about cooking, I came home and experimented with zucchini and chocolate, tweaking this recipe, mostly because we were out of butter and nuts. I used cooking oil instead of butter, soymilk instead of milk like usual, and to make this a completely vegan recipe, you could also use vegan egg replacement powder -- available in many health food stores.

Voila! It smells heavenly. Now I just need to frost it.

A better photo! Taken by friend and photographer Jay Fram (expect better pics from me soon, too):


4 comments:

  1. Mmmm, I love zucchini cake, and chocolate zucchini cake sounds even better... Gorgeous!

    YES, let's definitely do lots of cooking together in November!!! I'm SO excited!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! We should plan recipes month in advance, don't you think? I love planning what I'm going to eat in 10 weeks;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course! And I'm liking these shots w/o the flash - thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete