Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pizza!

A friend recently told me about her pizza making nights with crust from Trader Joe's. So the other night I finally got around to trying it. We dusted the whole wheat crust with extra virgin olive oil and then spread a layer of basil marinara on it, then added a layer of low-fat shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese (not all St. Louisans salivate over processed provel cheese), strips of green peppers, chopped mushrooms, 1/4 c diced red onion, a couple cloves of minced garlic, and sliced black olives. We popped it in the oven at 425 for about 12 minutes. So, not a lot of cooking here, but worth mentioning b/c it was the best pizza I'd had in a long time (and quite healthy).


Jake experiments cutting the pizza without a pizza cutter.

Lovely Laura enjoys a slice..

Tomorrow's challenge: what to take to the ballgame that's vegetarian, doesn't spoil, and satisfies? (Ha, Jake just pointed to himself)


1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, I love every single one of your pizza toppings! Perfection! Now I'm longing for pizza at 10 PM... Uh oh... :-)

    I can't wait to hear about the ball-game cuisine! Love Jake's response... :-)

    ReplyDelete