Thursday, March 4, 2010

Potato and Black Bean Torta


I made matzo ball soup again this week, and then tonight I adapted this recipe from my lovely friend Chava's blog, a blog that I just cannot praise enough. I honestly feel as though Chava teaches me to cook from 600 miles away. She features the most gorgeous meals all the time on her blog, and sometimes, like tonight, I feel that I must make these dishes riiiight away! So here is Chava's torta, which I've adapted just a bit to add more veggie protein and make do with what is in our fridge;)

Potato and Black Bean Torta

1 cup diced cooked potatoes
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2.5 oz olives, sliced
3 T olive oil
1/2 cup diced tomato
1 can low sodium black beans
8 eggs
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese

~ Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9X13" baking dish with cooking spray.
~ In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and olives and cooked potatoes in the olive oil.
~ Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the diced tomato and black beans.
~ In a separate bowl, beat the eggs along with the cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper.
~ Transfer the onion-tomato mixture to the baking dish, and pour the egg mixture on top.
~ Bake for 30 minutes.

Thank you Chava dear!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, Jamie, you just made my day!! You are SO sweet! I'm so touched and honored! I LOVE your addition of black beans to the torta - I'm definitely, definitely fixing your version next time! YAY for fiber and protein and deliciousness from black beans! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks lady. I loved reading about your birthday post. And thanks for the shout out this week on your blog:)

    ReplyDelete