Friday, March 12, 2010

Not cooking...

I've been off this week.

A nasty bout of food poisoning and a recovery diet of Jell-o, toast and bland scrambled eggs have left me with little to write about this week.

But now I'm back baby.

I just read this delightful story and feel overcome with a hankering to bake again.

So watch out:) I'm skimming the pages of Paris Sweets for inspiration. Reading about bread in Paris reminds me of the five lovely wintry days Jake and I once spent there. I remember that I felt motion sickness after a train ride and stayed in our hotel room to sip soup while Jake went out to find a "good loaf of bread" in the city. He brought about ten loaves back to the room.

I think I'll bake tomorrow morning before we head out to make some decisions about nursery furniture.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you've been under the weather! Poor you!! I'm so glad you're feeling better!! I love the story of the 10 loaves of bread! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady - I just hope YOU start feeling better, too!

    ReplyDelete