Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pumpkin Bread


In two days my family and I are driving to the Lake of the Ozarks to have Thanksgiving meal at the Lodge of Four Seasons. We rent cabins and do very little for a couple of days. Jake and I started this tradition last year. This year I hope to get in a jog or a hike (despite the cold weather) and I'm taking a book too. I also baked some pumpkin bread for us to munch on during the car ride - our baby's first longish car ride -- wish us luck!

Here's the recipe:

3 and 1/3 cup flour
2 t baking soda
1 1/2 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
1 and 1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs (Note: You could make this a vegan recipe if you used 2 cups of applesauce and no eggs)
1 and 1/4 c applesauce
1 1/2 c canned pumpkin
2/3 c water

First I blended the dry ingredients, then added the wet ingredients and then put the mixture in two lightly oiled loaf pans and popped them in our at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes (we have a slow oven). It's delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!! I'm happy to hear your Ozarks tradition is still in place! I look forward to hearing about your blissful-sounding vacation and the car ride adventure with darling baby when you return! :-)

    P.S. Amidst the far too many things I know you have on your list, could you perhaps text or email me your address, pretty please? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I'm also eager to hear what you think of Dragon Tattoo! It's still on my to-read list... :-) Have you read The Lovely Bones?

    ReplyDelete