Thursday, October 28, 2010

Vegetarian Chili

Mmm...

With a little bit of time on my side this morning as Jake attempted to put a very darling though fussy baby down for an early morning nap, I cooked! Since the weather is now getting colder and I only had 20 minutes, I made a batch of chili:

First I threw in about 1/4 of a cup of diced red pepper, 1/4 c diced green pepper, and 1/4 c diced yellow onion in a pot with a bit of olive oil. Then I added two chopped carrots, a can of diced tomatoes, a can of kidney beans, a can of black beans, half a can of corn, 1/2 cup of Morningstar crumbles, and a dash or three of chili powder and some shredded cheddar cheese (this would be a vegan dish without the cheese). A friend of mine adds a T of brown sugar to her chili -- but it's also just as tasty without...

Yum, healthy and easy to make. It will likely last two night as well - I should really do this more often. While Jake likes to put his chili on a baked potato, I eat mine in a bowl - perhaps with a cracker or two.

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! You definitely made good use of your "you" time. I'm thinking of making a lentil stew if I can find the time this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela -- we're so excited to see you tonight!

    ReplyDelete