Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Angel Hair Pasta

Sautéd onion and garlic/pot of tomato sauce on the stove.
The raw materials: shredded Parmesan and garlic from a can (usually I buy the bulbs).

Pasta!

Happy June! Woo hoo, so glad it's finally June, and I hope you had a lovely and long Memorial Day weekend. I spent mine trying to stay cool indoors most of the time, watching movies, and reading about the sad life of Sylvia Plath. I really must find more upbeat reading material. We also went here and made a picnic out of falafel, pita and hummus.

So Jake and I made this easy pasta dish (yes, again) last night. I bought some angel hair pasta at Whole Foods yesterday and then added a fairly light sauce made from one can of Whole Foods organic tomato sauce, 1/4 sautéd yellow onion and 2 T minced garlic, and shredded Parmesan cheese. I liked that the sauce was low in sugar and sodium, which is rare for tomato sauce.

Today I'm meeting my dad at the boathouse for dinner, where I'll likely eat their veggie burger - it's delicious. I've also recently been scouring Smitten Kitchen's famous blog for dessert recipes, so perhaps I'll make something totally decadent soon.

In other news, I'm tightening up a couple articles and editing chapter 2 of my dissertation, cleaning, buying last-minute items for the baby, and waiting! (and waiting. and waiting. and waiting). It feels like it will happen in the next two weeks, though I'm no psychic. So ex*cit*ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment