Sunday, August 21, 2011

Home cooking for a Tot

My sweet girl hates mashed potatoes - how can this be? She also rejects eggs, avocados, most other vegetables, popsicles, pizza, fish, beans, and quite a few other things. Mealtimes are constant, but they are also nerve-wracking -- what will I make her? Will she eat it? So tonight I baked a macaroni and cheese casserole, tweaking a Moosewood recipe:

1 and 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1 and 1/2 cup organic whole milk
1/2 t dry mustard
1/2 t salt
1/4 t black pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese
2 T Parmesan cheese
4 T Italian bread crumbs
8 oz. macaroni noodles (uncooked)

Moosewood instructs you to blend the cottage cheese, milk, dry mustard, salt, and pepper in a food processor, but I do it by hand. Then add the cheddar cheese and uncooked noodles and spread in a greased 9-inch pan. Add the Parmesan and bread crumbs on top and then bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Voila! I just hope she likes it. I'll take a photo of her eating it/refusing it either way...

1 comment:

  1. What a great mac and cheese recipe!! Thank you so much for your sweet message... Love you and miss you so! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete