Monday, July 18, 2011

Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies

C is for...cookie salad!

I miss baking, and since friends from out of town are staying with us this week, what better excuse? So tonight I made this recipe, and the cookies are both pretty and plentiful. I so love hanging out in the kitchen with a book (well done JSF), a computer, and cookie batter.

I've also really enjoyed reading this series this past week, so much that I feel even more reflective than usual about life with our 1-year old (walking!) girl these days.

The one whose laughter is (pretty much) worth all the tears.

And as we increase the number of hours we need childcare, I can relate more than ever to the moms trying to squeeze in work while caring for a tot. I've given a lot of thought to "finding balance" but in the end I agree with those who say there is no achieving balance -- sometimes you do X very well, other times you do Y. Just a thought.

By the way, even though I don't cook or bake too often these days, I still fantasize about cooking complicated curry dishes and French country cooking. I would love to make cake pops or peach muffins or even an arugula salad, but for now most of my energy is utterly zapped by the time I get around to dinner. So cheers to daydreaming. Until next time xo

No comments:

Post a Comment