Thursday, April 8, 2010

whole wheat cherry-raisin-banana bread


After a cooking hiatus, I've had my mind on baking a whole wheat cherry-raisin-banana bread for days now, so tonight I made finally made it;)

Here's my recipe:

2 very ripe bananas
2 tsp orange juice
1 egg (you might use applesauce as a substitute to make this a vegan recipe)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
2/3 cup frozen cherries (thawed and sliced)
1/2 c raisins

Mix the dry ingredients -- then mix the wets -- then add one to the other. Then into the oven for 1 hour at 350 -- yum! This would also probably make a good batch of healthy muffins.
And the house will smell delicious;)

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, how did you know I've been longing to bake banana bread for quite a few days, but was in the mood for a new, fresh recipe? :-) Banana bread with cherries is SO perfect! Thank you soooo much for the brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete