Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Not Cooking...

I am sitting at a coffee shop not far from home while our wonderful nanny is with my baby. I've spent about 90 minutes on work, so now I thought I'd stop by this site before heading home.

How I miss blogging! And cooking! Yet...I don't have it in me at the end of the day. Perhaps in another month, when Becca can sit in a Bumbo in the kitchen and watch me chop vegetables or saute something.

It's beautiful in St. Louis today. Because I'm currently teaching an undergraduate course on women and happiness, I've been thinking more about my own happiness lately. I've found that the things that made me happy when I was a kid (art, pie, friends) still make me happy, in addition to the wonder/awe I feel around Rebecca every single day.

And here is the food that I haven't cooked that makes me happy lately:

-Neopolitan ice cream
- Decaf coffee
-Nectarines (how I would like to DO THIS with fruit)
- Steamed broccoli (we've had this the past two nights - sprinkled with salt and pepper...so easy)
-My mother's amazing chili (I'll get a recipe)

That's all folks. Just wanted to say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment