Friday, June 18, 2010

Eggplant Parmigiana

Eggplant sauted in olive oil.
A marinara sauce with LOTS of herbs.
Layer upon layer: sauce/eggplant/cheese, repeat!
Baked Eggplant Parmigiana.

I had very little planned today, mostly because I thought today would be a perfectly lovely day to have a baby. But no baby yet. So instead I thought I'd make something lavish that is rumored to induce labor.

So after my morning 2 mile walk, I ran over to the grocery store and LOADED up a basket with tons of goodies: eggplant, bread crumbs, cheeses, spices, tomatoes, and pineapple and nectarines for dessert. As I lugged the basket to the counter, I sighed heavily. The teenager checking me out raised an eyebrow. "Are you okay?" she asked, looking pretty worried. She grabbed a cart for me to roll out to the car in our 95 degree heat, and I'm glad she did.

I spent the last two hours in the kitchen, chopping, sauteing, and stirring -- which I haven't done in a while, and it's been lovely. Will the famous eggplant parmigiana send me into labor in my 40th week here? Hard to predict. But we will enjoy it nevertheless:) Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, Jamie, I'm sooooo excited for you!! I'm also super, super impressed that you made this gorgeous eggplant parmigiana while waiting for baby to arrive!! You rock, girl!! :-) Love you and miss you tons!! I misplaced your telly number and haven't been able to call you back - very sad! :-( Could you phone me or email me again, if you're not busy having baby? :-)

    ReplyDelete